Whilst ‘chapatis’ are higher in fiber, protein and micronutrients, the efforts involved in kneading dough definitely push it down on our preference list. Kneading dough is one job that surely tests my patience and I’ve never lived up to it and therefore I was startled to come across this Kitchen Pro Plastic Spiral Dough Maker Machine that would save my hands from all the claying.
I had been looking for an alternative to knead dough in a more hygienic way for a long time and my search ended as I logged onto Flipkart and ordered this product for just Rs. 170. As I unpacked the parcel, it included three measuring cups, one bowl, a blade, a handle and a lid along with a lid-hole cap to knead wheat or flour in just a couple of minutes. The hole enables you to pour additional water or oil while kneading the dough with no need to open the entire lid time and again.
The dough maker machine is crafted out of supreme quality food grade plastic which is safe to cook food in. What makes this product stand out from the others in line is that this same dough maker may also be used to prepare milkshake and buttermilk.
So what are you waiting for? Buy this product and save your kitchen from the mess; cook chapattis, paranthas and tandoori rotis effortlessly.
HOW TO MAKE TANDOORI ROTI?
- 250 gms wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 table spoon curd
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix wheat, baking powder and salt.
- To this mixture, add curd and mix it till the curd gets completely mixed.
- Then add little water and knead it in a soft dough. Ensure that you do not use too much water.
- Cover the dough with a wet cotton cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
- Pre heat the tandoor or oven for 2 minutes.
- Now make a small round ball of dough and roll it in a round flat bread by dusting some flour to form a thick roti.
- Now bake the roti for 4-5 minutes in the clay tandoor or in case of an oven, at the temperature of 200 degree Celsius.
- Once some black spots appear on top of the roti, remove from the tandoor, smear some ghee or butter and serve hot with choice of dal or curry dish.
- Make rest of the rotis in the similar fashion.